Sunday, May 4, 2008

Day 13, 246

I hate titles - don't have the creativity to come up with something striking, really. So there you have it. I've named this particular blog "Day 13,246" because that's what day I'm on. If you want it down to the minute, that may take me a a little while longer, but it would be just more that 12 hours (I was a morning baby).

We've had the normal hectic weekend here. The boys had a sectional track meet yesterday and it, I am fairly certain, was -30ยบ outside by the end of the day. I could not believe, that there were actually parents there allowing their YOUNG children to run around with shorts, short sleeved shirts and no jackets. Wait, yes I could believe it, I do work with the public. I'm still stunned to see people drive through and not have their children buckled in. What's it take, 30 seconds out of your busy schedule? Sheesh! (stepping down of that soap-box)

I think I got about 12 hours sleep all total yesterday, though. I just could not get warm. My wonderful hubby tucked me in on the couch, asked me what I wanted to watch on TV, I responded with I'm watching my eyelids, ESPN came on and that's all I remember...zzzzzzzzz. LOL

Today, we went out to Pa & Nanny's for Kaleb's SECOND birthday party! Pa fried crinkle cut fries and crappie. Julie made lemon bars and (K's favorite) brownies. Nanny made cole slaw and tea. UB made the iron-skillet corn bread. The boys and UB threw the pigskin around a bit, K and Jules hiked the trails. Nanny and I puttered about the garden and I got a few outdoorsy shots. A good time was had by all, I believe.

Now, here we are at home - I'm working on load 99 of laundry. One drawback of a traveling DH is the laundry comes home on the weekends! I have plenty more to get done in there. I really would like to have a set of washers and dryers for each member of the house! My own personal laundromat!!! Wouldn't that be wonderful?

Okay, apparently I have to now go feed these people. Perhaps I'll blog again later! Blessings to all!

No comments: