Saturday, March 22, 2008

Birthdays

So, a dear friend of mine just got a year older the other day and was stressing because (GASP) she is almost 35 and I guess that's like over the hill or something like that! Well, I may have ribbed her just a tad bit, but it was only because I think she's great and I know she has a sense of humor. So, Traci, I do love ya and I do wish you MANY, MANY more great birthdays!!
As for myself, I have never been bothered by getting older, getting gray hairs, getting fatter, having grandchildren, etc. I am, however, in complete denial that my babies are going to be in junior high next year. It doesn't bother me that I'm again, but I bawled like a baby on their 7th birthday. K will be 7 this year and I don't seem to be too terribly phased by him aging. Maybe because I know that eventually, I well have my bed back to myself and he will stop grinding his teeth in my ear at night! (...and then I'll be whining because I miss it!)
So, for those of you who are bothered by getting older. Don't sweat it, girls - the alternative may suck even worse! ;-)

No comments: